Table of contents
The calendar module brings powerful and realtime calendar support into the OpenPaaS platform. It is composed of several components:
- A frontend component. Built using Angular.
- A backend component which can be split into two parts:
- A DAV compliant backend built on top of Sabre
- A specific backend, built using Node.js, which mainly listen to specific technical events and so provides realtime support and data indexing.
If the calendar module is not provided with the OpenPaaS distribution, you can install it by following the installation instructions in the calendar repository.
The calendar module needs a Sabre server to run. Thanks to its plugin system, the default Sabre distribution has been extended to provide more advanced features. Installation instructions can be found in the esn-sabre repository.
The calendar module provides standard calendar features:
- CalDAV support
- Event creation/edition/deletion
- Attendees with accept/decline/…
- Recurrent events
- email notifications
- Calendar delegation
- Public calendars and subscriptions
and more advanced ones:
- Calendar resources
- Full text search
- Realtime synchronization between browsers