Table of contents
The contact module brings powerful and realtime contact support into the OpenPaaS platform. It is composed of several components:
- A frontend component. Built using Angular.
- A backend component which can be split into two parts:
- A DAV compliant backend built on top of Sabre
- A specific backend, built using Node.js, which mainly listen to specific technical events and so provides realtime support and data indexing.
The contact module is provided in the OpenPaaS modules directory and enabled by default.
The calendar module needs a Sabre server to run. Thanks to its plugin system, the default Sabre distribution has been extended to provide more advanced features. Installation instructions can be found in the esn-sabre repository.
The contact module provides standard features:
- CardDAV support
- Contact creation/edition/deletion
and more advanced ones:
- Full text search
- Realtime synchronization between browsers
- Social networks contact import and synchronization
- Collected contacts